Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hello

As an avid book lover, particularly in Bible study, I get asked about recommendations fairly often. I am not an expert in any way, but as a pastor I spend a great deal in time in these type books.

I'd love to hear from others too. Just this week I received a recommendation that has proven to be extraordinary. I'll write about it later.

We live in a digital age, but my heart is in the past. I want to feel the book, hold it in my hands, and put in on my shelf often with scribbled notes inside.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you 100%, Jimmy on wanting to feel the book in my hands, be able to touch it and have it on my shelf! I love going to your mega-libraries and picking which book I'm going to read while I'm visiting with my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids!
    My book I return to again and again and spend part of the time crying with joy and part of the time praying is by Andrew Murray--"The Master's Indwelling"....makes the simplicity of faith so beautiful.
    Last time I had to read it online because our library is sitting in the garage in 53 banana boxes!
    Glad to see the new website--suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete