Saturday, February 4, 2012

Handling Criticism-- A Blog I Read

I find myself reading more blogs. I've read some good things from people I know nothing about. In a 2 minute mental break from studying, I find reading a blog post refreshing. Plus, in a few paragraphs I might think about something that I wouldn't have time reading a whole book on.

Here's one worthy of sharing:  http://www.dashhouse.com/blog/2012/2/1/tim-keller-on-responding-to-critiques.html Again, I know nothing about the person writing this blog. I don't know about you, but that doesn't worry me at all. We need to be careful about what I once heard called "academic inbreeding," and anyway, discernment should not be that hard to come by for the Bible student who loves Jesus Christ. 

In the link above he discusses a sermon he heard about handling critiques leveled against you. It's rather convicting. We would all like to throw it out if it weren't so blatantly scriptural. I wonder what difference this biblical approach to something we all find distasteful would make. Likely, we'd have a profound impact on our churches, ministries, and, of course, our personal lives.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That was a convicting read. Thank you for being that kind of leader honey.

    ReplyDelete